This Sunday at 10am, we will vote on whether to accept the proposed Board Nominating Committee. The proposed members are:
Rebel Calhoun
Abby Lowe
Carl Stoneham
Tiana Lightfoot
Mikel Whipple
Jen Mauldin
Courtney Pinkerton
Sarah Jane's dad will also consult with the team as an outside voice.
The job of the Board Nominating Committee is to select a slate of board members to guide the church in cooperation with Courtney and the congregation. They will present the slate June14 and then the church will vote on that slate on June 28.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you all for your hard work. I would like to make one comment. I find it very unusual that the pastor is a member of the nominating committee. Although it may not occur this seems to be a conflict of interest. In my experience this often leads to one-sided pastor-dominated decision making.
ReplyDeleteThad Clark-Soles
I've got to agree. I think this could be a very bad presedent.
ReplyDeleteThis issue was raised in the transition team meetings and the consensus seemed to be that it was one voice among seven.
ReplyDeleteIt's often difficult for committee members to be frank and make independent decisions when the pastor is a member of a committee. As a church that seems to want transparency and congregation governance this is: in my opinion a bad way to proceed. Of all the committees for the pastor to be a member of this is the last one I would think a pastor would want to be a member of.
ReplyDelete